Employment Opportunity with Yakima Valley Conference of Governments: Financial Coordinator
About the Financial Coordinator Position:
This position is a new position. The Yakima Valley COG is a small group of highly professional and dedicated staff committed to making a difference in the Yakima Valley. Although the primary focus of the current position will be financial coordination specific to homelessness, there is an opportunity for this individual to work with colleagues assigned to transportation, land use and human services as needed.
The Financial Coordinator will report to the Homeless Program Manager and performs the assigned job duties under general supervision as follows:
- Interprets federal, state, local and internal regulations and policies
- Develops and monitors fiscal billing system to ensure compliance with legal and contractual provisions.
- Coordinates and evaluates fiscal monitoring of billings.
- Reviews actual expenditures compared to budgets for programs to ensure no over-runs and that unallowable costs are not incurred.
- Reconciles monthly sub recipient invoices and prepares A-19 invoices for Department of Commerce.
- Reconciles and certifies contract and grant close out.
- Advises management on the need for budget modifications, changes in regulatory requirements and the adjustments that are required in allocating between grants or contractual modifications to vendors and sub recipients.
- Verifies allow-ability of costs and performs analysis of disbursements to regulate cash for multiple tiered grant spending sources.
- Oversees and monitors the required documentation for sub recipient contacts,
- Serves as YVCOG’s liaison to funding agencies and other municipalities by maintaining files for grants, reports, and contracts, reimbursement requests as required.
- Provides technical assistance to staff, program manager, and sub recipient staff regarding federal and state regulations, eligibility requirements, and contractual obligations for new grants.
- Properly track and monitor program costs and time periods of obligated funds.
- Assists with on-site fiscal audits of sub recipient agencies to ensure adequate support documentation exists for expenditures. Prepares reports on audit results and participates with management to develop recommendations and corrective action plans.
- Attends training regarding federal and state compliance requirements, grant specific training related to budgets and allow-ability of costs and other applicable financial accounting updates.
- This list of job responsibilities is not all inclusive.