The Executive Committee was established to deal with matters pertaining to communications, operations, human resources, finance, and any other matter referred by the general membership.
The Responsibilities of the Executive Committee include:
– Nominating officers to the General Membership for approval and election.
– Setting the meeting agenda for the General Membership.
– Evaluating the work performance of the executive director on an annual basis.
– To refer studies, projects and questions to the appropriate COG Committee.
– To study and prepare recommendations on topics requested by the General Membership
The YVCOG Executive Committee consists of 7 Members
City of Yakima (population over 60,000) – 1 Member
City of Sunnyside – 1 Member
Area 1 (Moxee, Naches, Selah, Tieton, Union Gap) – 1 Member
Area 2 (Wapato, Toppenish, Harrah, Zillah) – 1 Member
Area 3 (Mabton, Granger, Grandview) – 1 Member
Yakima County – 1 Member
Member at large – 1 Member
These members serve one year terms and meet on a monthly basis.
Executive Committee Meetings
Executive Committee meet at 1:30 p.m. at the YVCOG office, 311 North 4th Street, Suite 204, in Yakima on the 3rd Monday of each month. The January and February meetings will be the 3nd Wednesday.
Executive Committee Members
Chair, James A. Restucci, City of Sunnyside Council Member
Vice Chair, John Hodkinson, Jr., Area 1 – City of Union Gap Council Member
Area 2 – City of Zillah, City Council
Brad Hill, City of Yakima City Council
Mike Leita, Yakima County Commissioner
Bill Moore, Area 3 – City of Grandview Council Member
Mayor Sherry Raymond, Member At Large