The Executive Committee was established to deal with matters pertaining to communications, operations, human resources, finance, and any other matter referred by the general membership.
Executive Committee Meetings
The Executive Committee meets at 1:30 p.m. at the YVCOG office, 311 North 4th Street, Suite 204, in Yakima on the third Wednesday of January and February and on the third Monday of each month thereafter.
The Responsibilities of the Executive Committee include:
- Nominate officers to the General Membership for approval and election.
- Set the meeting agenda for the General Membership.
- Evaluate the work performance of the executive director on an annual basis.
- Refer studies, projects and questions to the appropriate COG Committee.
- Study and prepare recommendations on topics requested by the General Membership
7 Members of the YVCOG Executive Committee:
- City of Yakima (population over 60,000)
- City of Sunnyside
- Area 1 (Moxee, Naches, Selah, Tieton, Union Gap)
- Area 2 (Wapato, Toppenish, Harrah, Zillah)
- Area 3 (Mabton, Granger, Grandview)
- Yakima County
- Member at large
These members serve two year terms and meet on a monthly basis.
Chair, James A. Restucci, City of Sunnyside Council Member
Vice Chair, John Hodkinson, Jr., Area 1 – City of Union Gap Council Member
Janice Gonzales, Area 2 – City of Zillah, City Council
Brad Hill, City of Yakima City Council
Norm Childress, Yakima County Commissioner
Bill Moore, Area 3 – City of Grandview Council Member
Mayor Sherry Raymond, Member At Large